Ensuring you have a safe & fun stay
COVID-19 Safety at Hotel Sheraton
There’s 2 months left of 2020 and we are all praying for a better and brighter 2021. Let’s make the most of the rest of this year and make memories together in our fantastic county of Lancashire.
We may be in the Tier 3 Alert Level, but as long as you remain within the county boundary and only visit with members of your own household or bubble, you are still able to travel to any part of Lancashire. We will re-open our doors on Friday 30th October and would like to reassure our guests that we will continue with our COVID-19 measurements that have proven effective to date thanks to our team and guests support over the last few months.
So, come and head to the seaside where fresh air and sea breezes are in ample supply, along with great food, fantastic entertainment and, of course, the Blackpool Illuminations shining bright!
Yes. Hotel Sheraton, our restaurant and bar are all open.
Yes. A face covering must be worn in all public areas except when seated or eating & drinking; unless you are medically exempt.
Yes. You can dine on a table with people from your household or support bubble (your support bubble is one person in addition to your household). You cannot share a table with anyone from outside your household or support bubble.
Unfortunately, guests cannot have have friends or family visit during their stay. Tables both inside and outside are single household/support bubbles only.
Last orders at the bar are at 9.15pm with all tables and seating to be vacated at 10pm. We have amended our restaurant opening hours to allow for earlier dining from 5.30pm.
Hotel Sheraton has always put the safety of its Guests and Staff first. With regards to Covid-19; Owners, management and staff, working together as a team, will strive, at all times, to take all of the appropriate measures to reduce the risks from Covid-19 for our staff, guests and visitors to our Hotel.
To do this, we have carried our a number of Risk Assessment that both identifies the possible risks and then develops the controls needed to reduce the risk. The result of this Risk Assessment is that we have invested in various types of equipment and implemented a number of procedures into all of our sites to reduce the risk of infection and demonstrate to our Guests that we offer an environment that is safe.
- Investment in sanitizing stations and equipment, screens and PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Maintaining social distancing by reducing contact between the staff, and reducing contact between staff and guests as much as is practical.
- Closing the bars and restaurant at 10pm. Evening meals will be served from 5.30pm – 6.30 or 7pm subject to numbers, and entertainment will start at 7.30pm with cabaret, bingo (8.15pm) then Cabaret. (9pm- 9.45pm)
- Ensuring that cleaning and sanitising is carried out on a regular basis, to the highest of standards in all areas.
- Ensuring, where appropriate, adequate and effective PPE is made available for staff if they should wish to use it.
- By ensuring adequate facilities and materials for effective hand washing and hand sanitising are made available for staff and guest use.
- ensuring there is a maximum of 6 guests at a table inside and outside
- By ensuring the latest up to date information/guidance on Covid-19 from the UK Government is made readily available to all staff and guests in the form of information posters around the Hotel, regular correspondence with staff and guests, regular staff meetings and training sessions.
We have followed and monitored Government Guidelines throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, and have also been advised by our qualified Health & Safety Expert. All of these safety measures are in place allowing you to relax and have a fantastic holiday; and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton soon!