Just like you, we love our cosy corner of the world what we call home and we are doing everything we can to ever improve it, not just for our benefit but also the future generations to come.
The Fylde Coast is renowned for its award winning beach, with 13 miles of sweeping coastlines, there’s no wonder why it’s one of the top holiday destinations in the UK and we, as proud locals to the area, want to do what we can to protect it.
What we do:
We recycle card, paper, plastic, glass & metal and almost all of our waste is recycled or reused
We have installed a sizeable number of solar panels on our roof to increase sustainability and renewable energy solutions
We have removed single use plastics from the Hotel, including glasses in guest bedrooms and replaced plastic straws with biodegradable straws which are 100% compostable
We buy as much of our produce from local suppliers. We strive to support local to not only better our community but to reduce unnecessary food miles and waste
Low Energy Lights
We use low energy LED lights throughout the Hotel and many areas are fitted with PIR’s to reduce energy usage
What you can do to help:
We’ve compiled a list of a few things you can do to help reduce your own waste, whether on holiday or at home.
- Switch off lights when you’re not using them
- Re-use your towels more than once
- Leave TV on standby (better than turning them off from the walls)
- Unplug phone chargers when not in use
- Close the windows when the heating is on
- Turn off taps when you are cleaning your teeth or shaving
- Shower time – showers use a third less of water than a bath
- Cuppa – only boil the amount of water that you need
- Recycle – make sure you recycle as much as possible